Tuesday 19 January 2010

I'm on the phone

Well I would be, if I could get decent reception. I checked on a map today and discovered why it is so hard for me to get my cell phone to text, make phone calls or, damn me for trying, use the internet on the move. I have highlighted certain features to aid understanding.



I don't know about you but I'd never noticed the big, red painted, mile high lead wall between the only mobile phone transmitter mast in the whole country and where I live Slobbering-under-the-Bed and where I work in The Big Smoke.

I'm sure it wasn't there when I did geography.

5 comments:

  1. Less worryingly when they finish building it you wont be able to go to Wales anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "All in all it's just another leaden wall.
    All in all it's just another leaden wall."

    I hope you can still eat your pudding.


    "If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a brilliant comment, but then I saw Quirky's comment, and I felt ashamed of my effort. She's really quite smart, isn't she?

    P.S. -- Sorry about your service. Apparently, I also live behind a lead wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, but what is the state of your VHS collection?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why do you need a cell phone? Is Slobbering-Under-the-Bed really that vast that you can't just yell out the window!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always appreciated