Thursday 16 February 2012

Memory Bubbles

Just thought I share my “memory bubble” theory with the readers of my blog. Both of you.

Ever gone upstairs to get something and by the time you get there you've forgotten what you were there for? Then you go back downstairs and remember.

Well I have a theory.


Our memories exist around us in a huge invisible bubbles. For example, when you are downstairs and you think of something, the memory swims around in this bubble. You attempt to go upstairs, and the bubble jams against the end of the banister rail and the wall. You continue walking and pop, you come out of your memory bubble. You get upstairs and you have no idea of why you are there – because that is in the bubble at the bottom of the stairs. You go back downstairs, slip back into your bubble and are reunited with your memory.

It follows that you may have also left a memory bubble at the top of the stairs, when trying to go through the loft hatch or going through the wardrobe into Narnia.

Also bubbles must be exclusive to individuals. I mean you wouldn't want to walk downstairs into your partners bubble would you? That'd be just rude.

I'm off for a lie down.

8 comments:

  1. well that explains a lot of the splotches on my carpet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This, I believe, is Wisdom.

    Tho I still say you're a loony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever tried the audio verification rather than text? It's weird.

    "spoon boat 3 love 5 scissors"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to need to do the audio one soon. I can't read the text capcha codes these days. Google's are especially bad.

      Delete
  4. Dear Dr Max - Although I have no evidence - this theory, engaging as it is, seems unlikely. Why would such a small idea need such a big bubble that it can't get up the stairs? How long can unoccupied thought bubbles exist without imploding or exploding - or however they degenerate? How come when I do get upstairs I can remember many other things but not the specific thought that propelled me? Do thought bubbles shrink with age? Have you discovered the formula for shrink rate?

    How do we explain things half remembered? Do thought bubbles fog up or become cloudy if imperfectly formed.

    Sorry to burst your bubble on this one Dr Max but too much is left unanswered for me just to accept it unquestioningly.

    I'm going to lie down now too - shove over a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, there is so much work to be done here. Who can say how big an idea is when in is in invisible bubble form?

      Delete
  5. And here I was thinking I had just completely lost my mind...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walk into the living room clutching the milk with my tea in the fridge. My mind has gone, leaving a void and a small paper IOU.

      Delete

Comments are always appreciated